It is one of those days here in Chattanooga where you do not wish you were anywhere else. It is 80 degrees outside, a slight breeze and unless you have sun repelling skin like myself you are basking in the glow of cancer. I am sitting outside right where a huge elm tree used to stand, before it was hit by lightning in coolidge park watching children run through the sculpture sprinklers and just enjoying the day and then I decided to blog. I have been at a loss of what to blog about lately, just thinking that my life was not interesting enough to post on the internet then I remembered I have opinions, lots of them. There is a book called "No one cares what you had for lunch 100 things to blog about." I now give you my opinion on number 33 entitled "what are your relationship deal breakers?"
Before I dive into this post I have to say that God has a way of giving me things that I do not want and bending my will (often forcibly) to his. Some examples, I have always said I would never visit (living didn't even enter into my thought process) in the South (especially not AK, TN or AL,) I had no heart for muslim ministry, I did not like jobs in service, I do not (for the most part) enjoy meeting new people, I never wanted to live in the inner city and I loved America. Now, take notice of how things have changed. I live in TN, I taught a muslim family English and I love learning about the culture, my life is now a service ministry, I am constantly meeting new people and putting THEM at ease, I moved to the inner city in Mpls and it took root in my soul and I desire to live overseas or at least visit a whole lot. Right..here is hoping that the deal breakers in dating do not end up that way. One more thing, these are my, I meet you and within 4 seconds I know I will never date you, top 5. With that said, lets begin.
1) Almost nothing gets on my nerves like a german/russian accent. Really, I can barley stand it. I am sure they produce intelligent, kind people but when they talk...I want to bash my head into a wall. Those of you who know me can not find one Russian friend I have ever had, it is the accent, it is proven how much I don't like it by the fact that it is number 1. Bring on the hate mail, I am just warming up.
2) Velvet/shinny shirts. What, are you Danny Devito? Seriously, the Gap, they have a men section. I want no part of this Right Said Fred, I'm to sexy for this fabric. Just stop it.
3) Chewing tobacco...e w w w.
4) Excessive complaining/why me. Oh my goodness. Shut up. We just met, I do not care if you hate your boss/life/family. And basically, to sum it up, I am guessing they are not so fond of you either.
5) Long Hair on men. Wookie. It just creeps me out, get a haircut hippie. Now, I love the shaggy look (not the cartoon shaggy, but the Owen/Luke Wilson shaggy.) That being said I am going to add in general maintenance. No one is offended if your chest hair does not wink at us from inside your shirt. shudder.
So those are mine. I just found out that I am shallow. What are your top five?