Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Home and after







Mpls is basically a deceiving state. There are 3 weeks out of the year that are so amazingly, breathtakingly beautiful that you kick yourself for leaving. Never mind the fact that the other 49 weeks are pretty much crap. It is hard to sum up my trip, I can't say it felt like I never left and I am happy with that. The friendships that were fairly surface have faded away after a year and a half and the ones that have remained...you are family to me. Thank you Holsts, Tomlinsons, Pipers, Finks, my parents and all others that put their lives on hold to host me. Ps-Erin Moore and Amber you two are the best "dead prostitutes" that I have ever seen, words cannot express how much I treasure our 16 year friendship. (They actually played dead prostitutes in a small film, I am not just being crass.)

Back in the Nooga. Just pray for the Community Kitchen, there are staff changes, shortages and all of us are maxed out and holidays are quickly approaching. Some of you are clued in to other things to pray for!! KEEP PRAYING!

I will post other pictures soon.

Check out Scott Andersons blog (http://www.jscottalexander.blogspot.com) for a wonderful John Piper "Fresh Words" article. Thank you Scott and Piper, it was good for my soul especially with what is going on at work. I was blessed and hopefully so will you.

I am reading through Isaiah and I wanted to post this.
"But now thus says the Lord, he who formed you, O Isreal; Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, YOU ARE MINE. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. I give Egypt as your ransom, Cursh and Seba in exchange for you. BECAUSE you are precious in my eyes, and honored, and I love you, I give men in return for you, peoples in exchange for your life. Fear not, for I am with you; I will bring your offspring from the east, and from the west I will gather you. I will say to the north, Give up, and to the south, Do not withhold; bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the end of the earth, everyone who is called by my fame, whom I CREATED for my Glory, whom I formed and made." 43"1-7

afterthought...Holst, Erik and I (I speak for him) Challenge you to the formal rematch, giddy up partner, its go time. Ummm, ahem, Ani, I am sorry I thought you were the reason we were losing...that was wrong of me. :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karla -

I see you called tonight - sorry we missed it. I was actually home but Anders is sick; ear infection...this means he slept for three hours this afternoon, went to the doctor, came home after the Target run for drugs, went back to sleep and then finally after 1 1/2 movies fell asleep AGAIN on the couch downstairs. I am not quite right either - the common cold I fear.

Today he sang, to the tune of "My Mommy Comes Back" (Baby Song DVD), without ANY prompting...this was while riding in the car on the way home from the doctor:

I quote...
"My Karla comes back,
She always comes back,
She'll always come back to see me.
My Karla comes back,
She always comes back,
She never would forget me."

I nearly died!! I turned around, thankfully without hitting anyone, and said "What did you just sing?" He said "My Karla comes back mom - like my mommy comes back." Yes, he is very sweet at times, I do admit it and yes, karla, he does love you. Who can blame him!

Rematch - ha! Anytime -

We are praying for you - hang in there and I'll finish with Anders' words yet again - these are the words Mari and Gus here when we drop them at school:

"Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean not on your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5"

EVERY DAY he quotes this for them.

Bless you my friend and thanks again for staying with us - ANYTIME!!

Anonymous said...

I must add a correction in my weary state...'hear' NOT 'here' Good grief!!

karla said...

ok. That song, that is about the best thing ever. Just make my year.
Also, I believe your son called me!!! That is what I called you for. "Holsts" came up on my caller id, and then all I hear is the frantic pushing of buttons, you in the backround and then "ok, bye." at 9:40pm. Wonderful suprise.

Scott Alexander said...

OK. My last name is ALEXANDER NOT Anderson!!! Hence my blog address "jscottalexander.blogspot..."

Awesome pictures, by the way. I am really enjoying them. You're quite talented.

Anonymous said...

I think I'm like Switzerland in Trivial Pursuit 90's edition. Totally neutral. Not good. Not bad.

We can still be friends and you are re-invited to my birthday party.

karla said...

ok. Thats it Scott. I KNOW your last name, what must have happened is that when I spell check it automatically changes it for me. Boy, when you read tomorrows post are you going to feel bad!!! I could have died and the last thing you said was not "boy are you pretty/talented/Godly..." but instead was "for the last time.." Man o man.